Re: Strang shutdown mechanism with Debian

On Tue, May 19, 1998 at 10:02:59PM +0200, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> Those scripts run the stuff in their /etc/rc?.d and then do some more
> stuff. For example /etc/rc0 unmounts all filesystems after the /etc/rc0.d
> scripts have run.
>
> I think our way is much cleaner than that.. even though we do have

Yes, it is.  And if you should have invented it (I dunno), thanks
for that. :)
> a seperate /etc/init.d/rcS script. That probably wouldn't have been nessecary.

Yes.  From what I've seen I didn't understand why it existed.

It sources some variables, calls run-parts, calls another script.
All of that could be done inside of rcS.d.  Scripts needing global
variables need to source the config file theirselves.  I have to
admit that I've re-implemented it without grok'ing it.

Regards,

	Joey

 / A mathematician is a machine                                  /
/                           for converting coffee into theorems /