Strang shutdown mechanism with Debian

Hi!

I'm having problems understanding the regular shutdown mechanism
that Debian uses.  Could somebody please give me an explanation?

In

http://www.infodrom.north.de/Debian/Bugs/db/19/19507.html

Miquel van Smoorenborg states

- Sxx scripts in runlevels 0 and 6 should be executed with a "stop"
  argument instead of "start" (!)

The regular boot/shutdown method is:

 . Loop over Knn scripts in normal order
   - Call the scripts with an argument "stop"

 . Loop over Snn scripts in normal order
   - Call the scripts with an argument "start"

Why is this different for the reboot (6) and halt (0) runlevel?

Regards,

	Joey

 / The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media             /
/                                             -- H. Peter Anvin /