Re: SMP install (was Re: new debian-cd scripts)

Eric Leblanc wrote:
> I'm not really proposing a new distribution. Just some modification on the
> actual Debian that could enable us to offer a nice service to our users.
As it stands now, the only difference if you create and SMP kernel would be
that the interested party needs to select another package with dselect which
will substitute the kernel for the SMP one. The function of the bootdisks is
to bootstrap the system. *No* server is installed without running dselect.

IMHO, also, if you are going to run SMP, you should probably compile your
own kernel anyway but I have nothing against debian shipping an SMP kernel
if people want, just not in the boot disks.

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76