Re: new debian-cd scripts

On Thu, May 14, 1998 at 08:03:07AM -0400, Eric Leblanc wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 1998 at 10:35:35AM +0100, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> >
> > (I plan to work on 2.88MB boot disks, but that will have to go to slink).
>
> Just out of curiousity, i was wondering if a plan existed to install a SMP
> kernel during the installation procedure? Right now, AFAIK, you have to
> install the kernel source and recompile the kernel for SMP which is akward
> when you need a server fast.

Perhaps we may create a Debian/Beowulf distribution, like the recently
announced RedHat/Beowulf (can't remember the code name). IIRC, someone
suggested working in that project a few months ago...

Well, I guess that's not Debian's main concern, (do we want to work on
"specialized" distributions, like "Debian for HAMS"?, or do we leave
that task for others?). Perhaps a subgroup of our developers may want to
organize that thing.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es