Re: kernel make install

On Thu, May 07, 1998 at 08:10:16AM -0400, Kenneth.Scharf@coulter.com wrote:
> Has this been fixed for hamm?  ( Or have I missed something here?)

I use the kernel-package .deb to make custom kernels. It is available
for bo and hamm. It makes a .deb that you can install with dpkg -i.

I quot.

"This package provides the capability to create a debian kernel-image
package by just running make-kpkg kernel_image in a kernel source directory
tree.  It can also build the kernel source package as a debian file, the
kernel headers package. In general, this package is very useful if you need
to create a custom kernel, if, for example, the default kernel does not
support some of your hardware, or you wish a leaner, meaner kernel."

> Anyway thanks for the updated kernel.  Is there a text file somewheres that
> lists all the patches that have been applied in a given .deb kernel package
> for the given revision of that kernel (IE: whats different between the .deb
> package and the .orig source files)?

The Readme.Debian in the /usr/doc/kernel-source-2.0.33 will have that info.
Also, you might want to take a look at the .diff.gz that is in the source
directory on ftp.debian.org for the actual patches.

> --

I tried cp /proc/kcore /dev/audio on my home Linux system and distinctly
heard John Lennon saying "I buried Paul".  -- Jonathan Guthrie at asr