Re: Time to say goodbye...

On Sat, May 02, 1998 at 09:43:42AM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
:
: Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
:
: > The discussions of the last days have shown me clearly, that I can't
: > implement my ideas WRT policy/QA anymore.
:
: > Therefore, I've decided to leave the Debian project.
:
: Sorry to see you leave.
:
: I must admit, I've been entirely negligent in following the policy
: discussions - due to lack of time, I've skipped them entirely.

... as I did.

: I suspect that most of the other "older" maintainers are the same way
: - they've skipped the policy discussions altogether - which would
: explain your perceived lack of support.

... as I do.

: I discovered about a year ago that the policy discussions are very
: draining and mostly negative, and seldom go anywhere.  The only people
: who get anything accomplished in Debian are the people who actually do

... yes, the most frequently used key was `D' when I found policy
discussions in the lists.

: Perhaps, instead of leaving Debian completely, try this -- just resign
: as the Policy guy first, and continue as a regular developer.  I think
: you'll find it to be much more relaxed and enjoyable.

I think, Debian is worth to be supported further.  Not only for
technical reasons but for ``political'' reasons.  I don't like to see
yet another Linux Distribution.   Enough distributions are out there.

Try to keep staying, as an ordinary maintainer  :)

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92