Re: Coming to closure on ae...

Dale Scheetz wrote:...
  >There doesn't seem to be a "reliable" method for determining whether or
  >not you are in an xterm. Any method so far suggested has "natural"
  >configuration situations that break the method.

When you start an xterm, TERM is set to xterm; why not test for that?
The trouble with using different executables is that they will only
get run when the user chooses.  I have found ae popping up unexpectedly
after I have removed elvis.  Because I didn't choose to load it, it came
up in its default state.

If someone manages to get an xterm where TERM is set to something different,
it won't work, but it seems a bit unreasonable for anyone to do such
a thing.

    Come to me, all you who labour and are heavily laden, and I will
    give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am
    meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls.
    For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.    (Matthew 11: 28-30)