Re: X and Window Mangers

Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> wrote:
> Alternatives, as I understood them, have to be command line compatible
> because a situation like the one I just described is not desirable.

Alternatives have to be command line compatible, but that means you need
a defined interface that they all support, not that they're not allowed
to have extra functionality available from the command line.

Certainly, there's no requirement that emacs have no options beyond
those supported by ed, just because they're both available alternatives
for "editor".

--
Raul