Re: X and Window Mangers

On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 08:54:18PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>    > Could we instead have a default priority assigned to each window
>    > manager?  So postinst scripts would run it like this:
>    >
>    >    register-window-manager pathname priority
>
>    You know, this looks like a job for update-alternatives. Maybe we should
>    have a /usr/X11R6/bin/sensible-window-manager, or some such thing?
>
> Actually I like that a lot better myself.  Could we do it that way
> instead, Branden?

Uh, I've never played with alternatives before.  Would someone care to
flesh out this proposal?

Remember, twm will be a separate package in slink, and xbase will probably
recommend the virtual package "window-manager", which all window managers
will provide.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 | If you wish to strive for peace of soul,
Purdue University                   | then believe; if you wish to be a