Re: X and Window Mangers

So I go to all the trouble of drafting a proposal for
register-window-manager, and even start coding it, and you guys don't want
to use it?

*sigh*

All right, if we can weather the inevitable religious flame war about which
what the default priority for each window manager should be, I'll implement
this solution.

Less work for me, anyway.  All I have to do is have /etc/X11/Xsession do
this:

if [ -x $startup ] && grep -q ^allow-user-xsession /etc/X11/config; then
  exec $startup
else
  xterm -ls &
  if [ -x /usr/bin/X11/window-manager ]; then
    exec /usr/bin/X11/window-manager ]
  elif [ -x /usr/bin/X11/window-manager ]; then
    exec /usr/bin/X11/sensible-window-manager
  else
    xmessage -nearmouse -button "Quit X Windows" "No window manager installed!"
  fi
fi

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  A committee is a life form with six or
Purdue University                   |  more legs and no brain.