Boot Disks

Ok, I have had enough.. I would like to do something!

After hearing for the nth time that someone's computer wont work with
debian but will with redhat and slackware, I would like to try my hand
at making some boot disks.  I read the BootDisk HOWTO in the past, and
I think I get the basic idea, but what I'd really like to know is
exactly how people have been doing this for the Debian boot disks -
ie, what sort of device, size, etc..  Basically whatever specs are
available about our disks.

I think it would be really cool to substitute the kernel and maybe
some of the init stuff or whatever it is redhat uses that people seem
to like so much.  Wouldnt it be great if they both used the same
procedures, so it would be that much easier to track down install
problems, even amongst different distributions?  I think that,
notwithstanding the wonderful efforts put forth to create some great
boot disks, that it may be possible that redhats are better, because,
for them, so much is riding on it, and they have therefore invested a
lot of time and money to get it right.  Time that we have invested
into our IMHO superior package management scheme..

In any case, I'm just stressed out..  I'm frustrated that it doesnt
work, and I couldnt help a friend install debian, and I'd like to do
something about it, other than just whining.

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org