Re: Proposed Constitution

Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org> wrote:

> "They" is not only a singular, it is also widely accepted as a singular
> pronoun, and has been used as such by not only ordinary people but also
> great writers for hundreds of years.

     All of my dictionaries give "nominative plural of he, she, or it"
as the primary definition of "they".  My unabridged dictionary adds
"(used with an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite
masculine he or definite feminine she)".  The examples cited are for
indefinite antecedents such as "anyone" or whoever".  I do not think
Project Leader is an indefinite antecedent.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>