why not mingetty??

Why is our default not mingetty.  Several other dists use this.  For
almost all Linux boxen this is the right choice.  It is easier on mem
and cpu than agetty.  Anyone who needs the other gettys also knows how
to change their getty.  I have been running mingetty for a year now and
have had no problems.  Would someone care to state a good reason why we
should not use mingetty.  Or why we must use agetty.