Re: base-files 1.6 (source all) uploaded to master

Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> wrote:
> Yes, but remeber that changes in /etc/skel affect only users that
> are added in the system _after_ the change. Exeisting users will
> still have old files. I still wonder, what it helps to put global
> configuration in user-specific files.

Then you're saying that the point is not so much new users but existing
users.

For what it's worth: note that the problem of training existing users in
the capabilities of the system extends far beyond getting them to change
their default prompt.

--
Raul