Re: 03-29 boot disks - configuration control

On Sun, Apr 05, 1998 at 05:31:12PM -0400, James R. Van Zandt wrote:

> Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> >Chris Fearnley wrote:
> >> "Ethernet of Fast Ethernet" -- the "of" should read "or".
> >
> >Oops, fixed.
>
> After I saw Chris Fearnley's message, I checked out a set of sources
> from the cvs repository on master, fixed this particular bug, and
> committed the change.  Mostly I wanted to see how the process works.
> (I have used RCS, but not CVS.)  I figured there was not much
> potential for harm in this one-byte change.  However, would you prefer
> to maintain closer control?  For example:

It's enough if you notify boot-floppies@packages.debian.org (the boot
floppies team) of any changes you commit. That way it's easier to keep
track of what things are being done. Of course, major changes may be
discussed before commiting then. Mainly to avoid duplicating work.

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna