03-29 boot disks - configuration control

Enrique Zanardi wrote:
>Chris Fearnley wrote:
>> "Ethernet of Fast Ethernet" -- the "of" should read "or".
>
>Oops, fixed.

After I saw Chris Fearnley's message, I checked out a set of sources
from the cvs repository on master, fixed this particular bug, and
committed the change.  Mostly I wanted to see how the process works.
(I have used RCS, but not CVS.)  I figured there was not much
potential for harm in this one-byte change.  However, would you prefer
to maintain closer control?  For example:

 - notify you before committing any changes
 - notify you after committing any changes
 - send you patches instead
 - discuss "significant" changes before committing them
 - announce on debian-devel or debian-testing before or after
   committing any changes
 - ...

                         - Jim Van Zandt