Re: proposed constitution and NEW: proposed voting procedure

bleach@bellsouth.net (Bill Leach)  wrote on 29.03.98 in <[🔎] 351EB91D.36295D8C@bellsouth.net>:

> I suppose that I need to read the full text of the proposed constitution
> but...

You do.

> This idea 'deciding' the vote early sounds pretty shaky as well as
> subject to easy abuse.

How so? In most votes, there is a point where the result can no longer be
changed. What's shaky about that? Where is abuse possible?

> OTOH, there are doubtless many 'issues' that are NOT hot subjects for
> many developers and basically would be voted upon (almost immediately)
> by only those with a direct concern about the issue.  In which case such
> 'concenses' voting process is probably good.

But that won't work. If most developers don't vote, you cannot be sure of
the result until the deadline.

> Does the constitution allow for rigorous voting requirements for such
> things as modification of the constitution itself or voting for officers
> of the organization?

Why don't you _read_ it?

MfG Kai