Re: Crypto export

> As I see it, it is against US regulations to export security
> stuff from the USA.  Once it is out, we can do what we like with it.
> So it has to go into non-us, but it doesn't matter how it got out of
> the USA.  We won't encourage anyone to break US regulations; but
> you've already done that...

First, he did not 'break' US-Regulations when he download the file from
a non-US site.

The second issue is that this 'crypto export law' is so crazy that he
might actually be right in that it might not be illegal for the US
developer to 'mail' as opposed to 'email' the information to him (I
don't however think that is the case for source code but rather only for
encrypted data -- and NO encrypting the source would not then make
export by mail legal).

I am NOT an attorney but just last weekend spent several hours with
Chairman of an Intellectual Property Rights Commission talking about
just such matters and relevent (US) court cases.

--
best,
-bill