Re: Request for policy advice on X server manpages

> Unless met with strenuous protests from many quarters, I plan to have this
> in XFree86 by hamm release time.  I can't guarantee that it will make it
> into -3, which will probably be released sometime this weekend.
>
> The above message is a sample of the kind of tasks the X Strike Force will be
> designed to handle.  If such issues get your blood pumping, I invite you to
> mail me and express your interest.

Hi.

Let me join the above mentioned quarters and point you to a more serious
problems with X packages. Whether you have a simlink from /usr/... to
/etc/X11/XF86Config, XF86Setup still wants sometimes to remove it and
place its config in /usr, resulting in 2 different config files and no
simlink. Another, more impotant thing is as somebody mentioned some time
ago, in spite of the fact that all X libraries are built with -DREENTRANT,
they are NOT thread-safe. Some pthreads book give a bit diffrent
instructions on how to build them to be thread safe. You may want to serch
debian-user archive for the discussion about it.

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--
   _