Realtionship between user accounts and man pages

While installing a database, Postgresql-6.3, I some how diconnected the man
pages from root's account. Now mind you all the other accounts have access
to man pages.
 Yes, I know that the install should be done under its own account and it
was mostly.
 So what can be done to reattach the man pages to the account of 'root'.
And is there any difference between that and reattaching to a regular user
account.

We're using Debian Linux1.3/Apache1.1.3-6

Thanx in advance
nf.