Re: Hamm frozen, Slink created

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> I wonder, have you ever considered using hardlinks? It seems to me that
> would eliminate a lot of problems people have mirroring things (if mirror
> programs handle them correctly), and simplify your work too.

Mirror doesn't handle them correctly.  From the mirror man page:

       Mirror can handle symbolic links but not  ordinary  links.
       It  does not duplicate owner or group information.  If you
       require any of these options, use rdist(1) instead.

Since mirror doesn't understand them, all the debian mirrors would
suddenly bloat tremendously.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>