Re: XFree86 3.3.2 status report.

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 12:22:23AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Bad news first.  For some reason XF86Setup is not building (as in
> not building *at all*, not just failing to be moved into the right
> place for stuffing into a .deb).  This causes build failure of the
> xserver-vga16 package.  All the other standard i386 .debs are on master
> in /debian2/tmp/xfree86 , for those developers who need them or just
> can't wait.  These are "unofficial" -1's, so it's your responsibility to
> install the real -1's over them when they materialize.

Aha! I found out why XF86Setup wasn't building, and it wasn't my fault!
(At least, not exactly.  If I'd read docs instead of scratching my chin for
a while after digging through the source code, I'd have had the answer
sooner but learned less.)

tcl8.0-dev and tk8.0-dev need to be installed on master.

My "D'OH!" gauge is starting to redline.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  Convictions are more dangerous enemies
Purdue University                   |  of truth than lies.