Re: Initial draft proposed consitutution (v0.2)

Ian Jackson <leader@debian.org> wrote:
> On the other hand: suggest a better way of making the kind of
> important decision I'm suggesting would be done by vote. Previously we
> had flamewar-followed-by-fiat, which I don't think worked particularly
> well.

How about this: if a vote shows unusually high or low turnout, adjust
the quorum for the next vote in the appropriate direction. [And leave
it there till the active voting record indicates a further change is
needed.] Thus, you set the initial quorum then let activity rather than
membership dictate the changes.

[For better or worse, this roughly approximates our current practice.]

Also, if fraud ever turns up, prohibit those responsible from further
voting and provide a mechanism to transform the decisions from votes
whose integrity is suspect to suggestions rather than requirements,
while trying to clean up the damage. [Hopefully, this event will never
occur.]

--
Raul