Re: Fwd: HAMM FREEZE (removed packages)

Brian White writes ("Re: Fwd: HAMM FREEZE (removed packages)"):
> Christian and I discussed this and decided on that simply because it
> should be fixed and it's extremely easy to fix.  I don't think it's
> a big deal if it doesn't get fixed except that there is no excuse not
> to fix it.

Lack of available effort ?  Even simply recompiling packages takes
effort.

> I think the "simple (S)" should still be removed in order to force people
> to fix these trivial bugs, but I'm flexible since it's not a big deal
> either way.

I disagree strongly.  The effect of making trivial bugs
release-critical in this way is much more to remove perfectly good
packages rather than to get people to fix bugs.

I think we should base decisions on what goes into the distribution on
`does this package in its current state enhance or detract from the
distribution'.

The best way to get bugs fixed is to fix them.

Would anyone object, then, if I went and turned all the lintian
md5sums bugs into severity `normal' ?

Ian.