Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Hamm

On Fri, Mar 20, 1998 at 10:00:34AM +0000, Gordon Russell wrote:
> I have fixed two of my packages already, and as soon as they are accepted
> by master these two will be fixed. I would be concerned that a
> non-maintainer release may conflict with maintainers attempting to fix the
> bugs themselves...

The policy on version numbers for non-maintainer releases prevents this.
If the latest maintainer release was 1.1, the first non-maintainer release
will be 1.1-1, whereas the next maintainer release will be 1.2; thus,
to dinstall the new maintainer release is newer than the non-maintainer
release and it will happily install the new maintainer release.

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would