Re^4: Are we in this for ourselves?

Am 19.03.98 schrieb pseelig # goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de ...

Moin Paul!

PS> actually.  Redhat seems to be favoured by authors of famous German
PS> Linux books like the one from Michael Kofler.

You#re right, but CDs included in books are nearly always out of date.

PS> No, there is no missing democratic decision.  I really don't even want
PS> to bother about things like a logo or a package management tool's

But other do.

PS> name.  This is just useful for slowing down Debian's development
PS> impetus and i really don't even want democratic participation with

This is not a time problem, for example we could install a WWW vote system
for policy changes.

And I think that the missing democracy slows down the development. A lot
of discussions in this list produce no results.

PS> want to contribute the packages i do like to use with a good Linux

Ok, but than you#ve no possibility to improve the concept itself.

PS> Possibly too much democratic slow downs? ;-)

I never saw a discussion about the code freeze date!

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.de           Fido: 2:240/5202.15
Mailbox: mbudde@hqsys.antar.com    http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/