Re: HAMM FREEZE (removed packages)

On 16-Mar-98, 16:28 (CST), David Frey <david@eos.lugs.ch> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 19:11:27 +0100 Juan Cespedes wrote:
> > > gcl-doc			nvi			wzip
> >
> > 	nvi!  IIRC, that's our standard `vi' editor!
> Is the nvi-Maintainer still around and packaging? Otherwise I'd like
> to take nvi over and do a upload ASAP.
> nvi is too precious to loose.

Yes, I'm still around. I was out of town last week, and when I left,
there were no "important" bugs filed against nvi. I just found this
this morning when I was catching up on mail. The "important" bug
bug is a lintian thing about the internal md5sum file including
files that aren't in the the actual package (because the md5sum
in debmake was done before the man-pages were done).

1: Why is this "important"? It doesn't fit any definition of important
that I've seen -- the package installs and works correctly.

2: Why was this bug filed 5 days before the freeze? Some of us cannot
read/respond to e-mail on a demand basis. I travel for my job. Sometimes
I'm going to disappear for a few weeks at a time. When I left, nvi
was fine.

I'm going to downgrade the bug to normal, and ask that the
package be put back into frozen. But not right now. Probably tomorrow
night.

Steve Greenland