Re: DynDNS

<aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu>(Alex Yukhimets) writes:

> I don't have any sources, but I also don't think it is a big deal to write
> one from scratch. We should only agree on communication method. The server
> side upon receiving such message should change named zone files and
> relod named, right? UDP packages seems like the best method of
> communication to me. Another possibility is a short TCP session or even
> e-mail to the system.

e-mail: no, too unpredictable.  All my e-mail goes out via UUCP so
that is not an option.  Other people don't have their systems to send
e-mail out directly either.

> Alex Y.
> --
>    _
>  _( )_
>  |      _ 7           |            Alexander Yukhimets            |
>   \    (")            |       http://pages.nyu.edu/~aqy6633/      |
>

> --

John Goerzen             | Developing for Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming       | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for
jgoerzen@complete.org    | DOS/Windows -- check it out at www.debian.org.