New list server is up

Good night folks,

I wonder why you're still awake, too.  :-)

Since some minutes our mainling lists are processed on its own
machine.  Murphy.novare.net alias lists.debian.org is another machine
that was donated by Novare International (http://www.novare.net/).

Due to a server crash we had to move the lists to another machine
until the machine was up again.  The old one has had a motherboard
failure, too, so the people from Novare went away buying new boards
for us.

This machine acts as our dedicated list server from now on. It
consists of a p133 with 64MB of RAM.  It has a special adjusted kernel
and an optimized Qmail which makes it deliver mail very fast.  We even
counted more than 20 deliveries per second.

My special thanks go to Novare for donating the machine, to mark from
Novare for basically setting it up as well as master, and to Jason for
setting up hamm on it and adjusting the kernel as well as Qmail.

Now that we had our traditional crash before the release we may
continue our job as producer of Debian GNU/Linux.  You're all
invited to test the hamm release which is about to freeze right now.
After enough testing it will be released as Debian GNU/Linux 2.0.

Regards,

	Joey

--
  / Martin Schulze                      http://home.pages.de/~joey/