Re: Post-Hamm/Freeze Proposal

Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

> > We should encourage developers to stick with hamm, however.  This
> > means leaving the 'unstable' link pointing to 'hamm' (the 'frozen'
> > link will point there too).
>
> I don't think so.  It doesn't matter what it's called.  All the
> developers will know what is Hamm and what is Slink.  Where you point
> the symlinks won't make any difference.

In dselect, I am using:

dists/unstable/main dists/unstable/non-free dists/unstable/contrib

So the symlinks do matter - at least as far as what packages I am
running.

If you switch the unstable symlink to point somewhere else, and you
don't want the developers to upgrade their systems to that (ie.  you
want them to help with testing frozen) - you'll need to give some
warning.

Cheers,

 - Jim