Re: Post-Hamm/Freeze Proposal

> I don't think we should move packages that are rejected from hamm
> into project/orphaned (although we definitely should move them somewhere).

They will automatically move back into the distribution as soon as
someone makes an upload.

> I think that we should open up directories for the next development
> distribution (2.1?) and put them there.  What are we going to call
> that?  A nickname from "Bug's Life", maybe?

I was thinking "Slink" (the dog).  I think that was his name.

> This should happen when the freeze occurs.

It will.

> We should encourage developers to stick with hamm, however.  This
> means leaving the 'unstable' link pointing to 'hamm' (the 'frozen'
> link will point there too).

I don't think so.  It doesn't matter what it's called.  All the
developers will know what is Hamm and what is Slink.  Where you point
the symlinks won't make any difference.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )