lintian postrm-contains-additional-updaterc.d-calls bug?

A package I maintain, wn, contains two version of a daemon.  One is
intended for use with inetd and the other is a standalone daemon.  For
the standalone daemon I have a /etc/init.d script BUT its only there
if the user choses this daemon over the inetd daemon.

In my postrm script, I remove both the inetd entry and /etc/init.d
file unconditionally.  I don't install an /etc/init.d file in my
postinst script but use a configuration program to allow the user to
decide between the two daemons.

Lintian doesn't like a call to updaterc.d in postrm when there is no
comparable call in postinst.

Is lintian being too strict or is there a better way for me to do
this?

P.S. lintian doesn't do a comparable check for inetd.  Probably a bug.

--
Jean Pierre