Re: lintian postrm-contains-additional-updaterc.d-calls bug?

On Thu 05 Mar 1998, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

> A package I maintain, wn, contains two version of a daemon.  One is
> intended for use with inetd and the other is a standalone daemon.  For
> the standalone daemon I have a /etc/init.d script BUT its only there
> if the user choses this daemon over the inetd daemon.

I'd suggest always installing an /etc/init.d script, and making it check
whether wn is being run as a daemon or from inetd.

Hmm, there's some other package that lets you choose if you want to run
from inetd or as a daemon (exim? samba?). Take a look at how it's been
done there...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl