Re: Something is very wrong with this group

Avery Pennarun writes ("Re: Something is very wrong with this group"):
>Microsoft doesn't use creative names for its programs, hacker-friendly or
>otherwise.  It releases programs like Microsoft Word, Windows, Project,
>and Office.  When I want to install a program, I run Windows Setup.  And so

Ehh?  I don't buy this at all.  Tell me what "Excel", "Powerpoint",
"Access", and "Outlook" do, just from the names.

On most platforms, the majority of names are not intuitive.  While I
agree that Unix names aren't near the top of the list for being
intuitively named, it's certainly not the worst OS, either.

(And yes Bruce, I'm working on my package)

Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept