Re: how to upload boot disks

On Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 11:20:22PM -0800, Guy Maor wrote:
> Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:
>
> > Should the architecture be included to the names of all files, like for other
> > packages (eg. resc1440_sparc.bin) or should the upload fall into a subdirectory
> > in the Incoming queue ?
>
> Make a directory for them in the Incoming queue.

As it is now, "debian/rules binary" adds the md5sums for the *.bin files
to the changes file, so they can be checked automatically (and
authentified, as any other package in our distribution). I guess if we
want to keep that feature we will have to "hardcode" the name of the
directory in debian/rules, to use directory/file.bin instead of file.bin
in the .changes file. Does disks-<arch>/ sounds good enough?

(Of course, I can modify the boot-floppies Makefile to show the
architecture in the file name if you prefer that solution).

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna