Re: none

Stephen Zander writes:

> This is all very much in flux & I'm not claiming special insight,
> infallibility  or anything else....

Ok.

> Sun is apparently neotiating with a John Mitchell (no, I don't know
> who he is) to have him act as conduit between the linux jdk-porter
> community and Javasoft.

Good.

> This will appaernetly allow the linux community earlier access to
> the 1.2 code,

Very good!

> access to the Java Conformance Test suite,

I don't know what is this. I'll look for it at the javasoft pages.

> and probably lots of other stuff too :).  At least two organisation
> have expressed interest in providing jdk support for linux in some
> form or other...

Which orgs?

Thanks for the info. I'm glad people are working on this field (java
and linux). Sometimes I feel like things are sorta dead... with
blackdown org stopped, and scattered efforts to make ports, many
java packages with no (or little) support for linux, fewer yet with
debian and/or redhat packages...

Do you know it Corel is gonna give any contribution to the linux
community (as I know they are planning to ship NCs based on linux)?

Thanks again!

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com