Re: ps -aux Vs ps aux

On Feb 23, csmall@scooter.o.i.net wrote:
> So we have a problem here.  I have forwarded a bug complaining about this
> to the upstream guys to get their comments, but what should Debian do?
> On the one hand, we have the standard Unix practice, on the other we have
> the standard procps behavour.
>
> If we decide to revert to standard Unix bahavour, what do we do about these
> upcoming Unix98 options?

I believe the Unix98 options are a superset of the SysV-style options, which
would be covered under your (2) above (now removed).

Basically, what this means is that 'ps -[opts]' will act like a SysV ps
does (with any Unix98 extensions), and 'ps [opts]' will act like a BSD ps
does.

Chris
|       Chris Lawrence       |     The Realistic Consolidation Proposal     |
|   <quango@ix.netcom.com>   | http://newforesthills.base.org/regional.html |
| Sr Political Science Major |      Join the party that opposed the CDA     |
|    University of Memphis   |              http://www.lp.org/              |