Re: Proposal: Link to .changes file for each package on www.debian.org

On 19 Feb 1998, Guy Maor wrote:

> Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:
>
> > On the other hand, checking md5sums isn't as bad as a complete
> > run of the policy checker.  [I think.]
>
> Yes, even on the heavily loaded master, it takes about an hour, as you
> can see by comparing the dates of debian/ls-lR and
> debian/indices/ls-lR.gz.  I imagine on a system doing nothing else it
> would take 15 minutes or so.

Note, that we've found a bug in lintian which always caused recollection
of the `init.d' files (which means, all packages got unpacked for each
check again). After fixing the bug, the time of checking the full archive
dropped down to two hours!

Anyways, the best solution is probably to save the lintian messages for a
each package in the `lab'. With that, we'd only have to check new packages
as they are uploaded. Generating the lintian web pages from these files
only takes a few seconds.

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz