Fix for libtool and -rpath (Was: LessTif problems)

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl writes:
 > lesstif-current has a new build method, based on a new libtool, which causes
 > the package to violate policy (because the new libtool no longer supports
 > inter-library dependencies (-lc)), and to use -rpath .

For the -rpath thing, I've made a workaround I use in console-tools,
as a configure.in code snippet.  Here it is, be sure to insert it
*after* call to AM_PROG_LIBTOOL.

====
# Turn around -rpath problem with libtool 1.0c
# This define should be improbable enough to not conflict with anything
case ${host} in
  *-pc-linux-gnu)
    AC_MSG_RESULT([Fixing libtool for -rpath problems.])
    sed < libtool > libtool-2 \
    's/^hardcode_libdir_flag_spec.*$/hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=" -D__LIBTOOL_IS_A_FOOL__ "/'
    mv libtool-2 libtool
    chmod 755 libtool
  ;;
esac
====

You'll note that the -D__LIBTOOL_IS_A_FOOL__ is just here to fool
libtool by making it believe it gave some useful info to gcc ;)

It may not be bullet-proof, but may be a good start.

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: