LessTif problems (was Re: FREEZING HAMM (!))

On Mon, Feb 16, 1998 at 04:34:31PM -0500, Brian White wrote:
> 10576: slang0.99.34     - slang0.99.34: does not search /etc/terminfo [242]  (Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com>)

I've set the severity to normal. This problem is only present in the bo
version of slang0.99.34, not in the hamm one.

> 17575: lesstifg         - nedit: NEdit locks the X display [0]  (jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)))
> 17672: lesstifg         - ddd locks up XFree86 when the gdb window is selected [12]  (jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)))
> 18112: lesstifg         - nedit locks under lesstiff when creating new document [0]  (jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)))

It is unlikely I'll get these fixed. I'm currently trying to package
lesstif-current, which should give more clues to this problem. However,
lesstif-current has a new build method, based on a new libtool, which causes
the package to violate policy (because the new libtool no longer supports
inter-library dependencies (-lc)), and to use -rpath .

I do not have the expertise to debug X problems. If you have and are willing
to help solving these problems, please do let me know.

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go