Re: More about lintian

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Charles Briscoe-Smith wrote:

> In article <[🔎] m0y34X4-000CQTC@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl>,
> joost witteveen <joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> >
> >Yes, these are all very good ideas. But the original complainer mentioned
> >that there should be an escape. So, could we also have:
> >  ..
> >that would simply serve as an escape?
>
> Definately.  In my package, gsn-curses, I copied the upstream author's
> description of the game, which ends like this:
>
>   [...]
>   two all get in your way; and somehow you keep being reminded of your
>   family through the ages, and all its Curses...
>
>   ...could it be that even you are Cursed?
>
> Now, how can I re-wrap that last short paragraph to prevent the dots
> appearing at the start of a line?  I can't.
[snip]

But you can change the text to not have the dots at the beginning of the
line. It isn't required to use the `upstream description' in the
description field.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/