Re: Dpkg-dev problems.

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

> In /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl , line 66, is the definition of sub
> outputclose.

[snip]

> It looks for the error message _in_English_, so it won't work with
> translated error messages.

controllib.pl looks like (slightly buggy) Perl 4 code.  I don't think
Debian needs to support that old a version of Perl.  It could do with
a good rewrite.  (And I suppose I could help with that.  Where do I
volunteer?)

The proper solution would be to write something like
Debian::Controllib.pm, which does `use POSIX qw(:errno_h)' at the top,
@EXPORTs the functions, and does:

        if (open(SV,"< $varlistfile")) {
[...]
        } elsif ($! != ENOENT) {

Then fix dpkg-{source,genchanges,gencontrol,shlibdeps,parsechangelog,distaddfile}
to use it.  Actually, I see they already use POSIX for their errors,
so all that needs to be done is the simple change above.

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."