Re: Dpkg-dev problems.
- To: Christian Hudon <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Dpkg-dev problems.
- From: Enrique Zanardi <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 10:46:38 +0000
- Message-id: <19980215104638.36506@remoto>
- In-reply-to: <19980214182819.53265@pianocktail>; from Christian Hudon on Sat, Feb 14, 1998 at 06:28:19PM -0500
- References: <19980214182819.53265@pianocktail>
On Sat, Feb 14, 1998 at 06:28:19PM -0500, Christian Hudon wrote:
> I'm trying to rebuild my packages with libc6 for inclusion in Debian 2.0,
> but dpkg-dev 184.108.40.206 doesn't seem to be very cooperative about it.
> Slightly annoying is the fact that debian-changelog-mode seems to have
> disappeared... More annoying is that dpkg-source -b doesn't work anymore:
> chrish@pianocktail:[~/debian/my-packages/icon] >dpkg-source -b icon-9.3/
> no utmp entry available, using value of LOGNAME ("chrish") at /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line 16.
> parsechangelog/debian: error: unable to open substvars file debian/substvars: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type.
> dpkg-source: error: syntax error in parsed version of changelog at line 0: empty file
> But there *is* a (0-length) substvars file in debian. Removing the
> substvars file changes nothing. All this used to work fine with a previous
> version of dpkg-dev.
> Could someone provide either workarounds for the bugs or an older version
> of dpkg-dev (220.127.116.11?) that I could downgrade to?
That is a bug in the internationalization of dpkg-dev. A workaround is
defining LC_ALL=C before invoking dpkg-source or dpkg-buildpackage, as in:
"LC_ALL=C dpkg-source -b icon-9.3/"
Enrique Zanardi firstname.lastname@example.org
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental Univ. de La Laguna
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .