Re: Can a developer sign my PGP key?

On Sun, Feb 15, 1998 at 11:23:21PM -0500, Will Lowe wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > Are there any developers local to West Lafayette, Indiana who could give me
> > a call to compare my PGP key fingerprint with what's on my webpage and at
> > the public key servers (and thereby sign the key)?
>
> Why don't you just scan in a picture of your Driver's license,  put your
> pgp fingerprint on it with GIMP or XFIG or something, pgp-sign the
> image,  and mail the whole thing to the new-maintainer people?  Much
> simpler ...

For the same reason I don't put my social security and checking account
numbers on my webpage.

There is information on that driver's license that the new maintainer
validators simply don't need, and couldn't use to validate my identity.

Besides, it's not a very flattering picture.  :)

But if I have no other alternative, is it permissible to blot out the
information I consider sensitive?

--
G. Branden Robinson                 | Optimists believe we live in the best of
Purdue University                   | all possible worlds.  Pessimists are