Re: compile problems with glibc

(first of all thanks for your answers)

On Fri, 13 February 1998 17:17:02 +0100, joost witteveen wrote:
[problems compiling software with glibc]
> All I can see is that both the libc5 and the current libc6 packages have:
> [libc5 (from libc5-altdev)]:

Why altdev?

desire ~ $ dpkg --get-selections|grep libc
libc5                                           install
libc5-pic                                       install
libc6                                           install
libc6-dbg                                       install
libc6-dev                                       install
libc6-pic                                       install

Should I install libc5-altdev from oldlibs/ ??

What is the difference between that and the "normal" (?) libc5

I've seen BeBoxes glitter from the lights from the modem racks.  All
of these things will be lost, like ICMP packets over loaded ethernet.
Time to halt." -- Ron Echeverri <rone@bofh.noc.best.net>
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka Efraim - PGP - 0xA78FB1E9 - Wedel - Germany