Re: autoup.sh & considerations on bail-out scripts

> > > we currently have 7 install methods (cdrom, nfs, harddisk, mounted,
> > > mountable, floppy, ftp).  we really only need 3.
> >
> > 4 -- we need a method which combines instances of other
> > methods.  [e.g. multiple ftp sites + local repository]
>
> good idea. sounds hard to do, but still a good idea. we probably wont
> get it done in time for hamm 2.0 release.

    8.  dpkg-http (sitting in incoming) can access multiple ftp:  http:
and file: URLs.  At the moment, later archives override earlier ones.
dpkg --merge-avail overwrites entries.  If it did a version comparison
before changing an entry, dpkg-http might be able to present the most
current package version for selection.

   A scary thought:       news: URLs

-Drake