Re: autoup.sh & considerations on bail-out scripts

On Thu, Feb 12, 1998 at 11:04:04AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
> > the script would probably not be necessary if dpkg (or any of the dpkg
> > methods - ftp, mountable, etc) used manoj's pkg-order to sort packages
> > into dependancy order. both ftp and mountable could be modified to do
> > this. the default mounted method probably couldn't easily because it
> > just does a simple recursive 'dpkg -iGROEB'
>
> Is there any where we can wedge in an upgraded libc5 dpkg?

How do you mean wedge in?

If the script were to upgrade libc5 to 5.4.x, then upgrade dpkg to 1.4.x
for libc5, it could upgrade systems right back from buzz (debian 1.1).

buzz had dpkg 1.2.x, which doesn't have the --get-selections that
autoup wants to use. dpkg 1.4.0.8 (from bo) needs libc5 >= 5.4.0.0.

Then both of these should be upgraded again for libc6.

Hamish