Re: updated lintian reports

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Joey Hess wrote:

> Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Also, I have a question about overrides.
> >
> > Should we perhaps arrange it so that overridden problems get audited
> > periodically?  I can think of two scenarios where this would be useful:
> >
> > I don't know exactly how linitan works, but if it defaults to silent
> > operation when there are no non-overridden warnings or errors, perhaps
>
> Maybe lintian could have an "O:" level of output (like "E:" and "W:") added,
> for overrides.

This sounds like a good idea!

I'll change lintian so that `overridden' errors/warnings are displayed
with "O:", but only if the `-v' (verbose) option is specified. In
addition, I'll change the reporting tool so that these overridden messages
are also displayed on the web page (together with a prominent note, that
these messages are not considered as warning/error for the package).

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com