Re: updated lintian reports

On Wed 11 Feb 1998, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> I've just updated the web page again! The report pages contain a detailed
> discription about each lintian tag now, together with hyper links to the
> policy manuals and tips how to fix the bugs! I hope you enjoy this :-)

Maybe the hyperlinks could be to the relevant section? That would be
what I'd expect (I realise it's a lot of work...)

Another thing that you might check for: init.d script to have entries
for start, stop, restart and force-reload, as per policy. I just
discovered that I was missing those in isdnutils. Grep for the relevant
words, that shouldn't cause any false alarms (although it might miss
some).

Another thing:

    md5sums-lists-nonexisting-file
        The md5sums control file lists a file which is not included in
        the package.

This contradicts this:

    file-missing-in-md5sums
        The md5sums control file lists a file which is not included in
        the package.

IMHO the last description should be

        The md5sums control file doesn't list a file which is included
        in the package.

Otherwise it looks good.

Paul Slootman
--