Re: Emacsen intermediate step proposal.

On Wed, Jan 14, 1998 at 11:01:40AM -0500, Brian White wrote:
> I count 27 packages that depend, recommend, or suggest emacs.  All of
> these are going to break unless you provide the virtual package of "emacs".

Here's a message I posted a while ago which lists some of them. I hope it's
of some use to somebody :-)

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS

--cut-here--

I've had a look at all the current packages, details are below (some
programs are probably fine). I think most of these packages should be
"fixed" is someway - either:
   depending on emacs|xemacs
   description includes "does not work with Xemacs"
   description includes "already included with Xemacs"

As an aside, these packages *shouldn't* have "conflicts Xemacs" as you might
want to install emacs and Xemacs at the same time. One of the things about
installing xemacs and emacs was sharing files (just the .els?) - if this is
done, is there a problem when someone installs auctex for emacs and they
have xemacs installed?

Cheers - details follow...

packages which seem fine
------------------------
vm (depends on emacs, says it is already included in xemacs)
cvs-pcl (ditto)
tm (depends on xemacs|emacs)

packages with bugs?
-------------------